Saturday, September 13, 2008

Peaches!

Thanks to the help from my wonderful mother-in-law I was able to can 28 quarts of peaches! She came over Thursday and helped me do the first box and I finished on Saturday all by myself! Aren't they beautiful! Now I can add to the dozens of canned fruit we did last year (peaches, pears, pie apples, apple sauce, and tomatoes) Now I have to go finish my homemade peach ice cream and cobbler I have started with the leftover peaches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I have 3 boxes of peaches coming next week, 2 boxes of pears the next week and 2 boxes of apples in October! Crazy!

Our Grand Central Station said...

It's just good to know you are really going to enjoy that cruise. There will still be tomatoes when you get back! It was fun to spend the day canning with you and the ice cream was wonderful.

TheShumWAYS said...

Sounds yummy, wish I was there to get some (it would be worth breaking my no sugar for that)

Jacque said...

Good for you! I would like the peach ice cream recipe!