Saturday, September 27, 2008
In the meantime, back at the ranch…
The kids have been very good with all their surrogate parents. It was fun to get to know their personalities even more as we woke up, (what is it about daybreak kids love?) ate breakfast, got ready for school, went to school, came home, did homework, played, watched TV, ate dinner, took baths, got ready for bed, read and went to sleep. Some of us slept better than others. I have recently said how much I admire each one of my daughters. They are all uniquely gifted to know just what their particular children need. None of us think we did (or are doing) a perfect job raising our kids, but it only matters that we did (do) our best. No one can take the place of the mom (okay, and dad) when it comes to knowing what to do with their children. Of course parenting involves a lot time on our knees since the Lord blesses us with his inspiration and comfort. While it has been fun, at times frustrating, tiring, insightful and educational this week, I am grateful for the wonderful job Stacie, (and all the girls) are doing with their families. Sweet children (most of the time, and always while they are sleeping) are too young yet to know how blessed they are to have such capable mothers. Other grandparents took my place tonight and I will sleep soundly at home I'm sure. I'm not used to small faces staring at me in the middle of the night saying they had a bad dream. But I do remember when that was a part of my life. Long ago and far away. I'm getting too old for this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love your slide show. What a beautiful ship! Makes me want to book another cruise. I just love being on the ship, I would never have to leave it to have fun. You guys had a great time, easy to see.
Post a Comment