This is at the top of Hill Camorah! It's not just a hill, it's quite the climb, but beautiful! ( I guess Richard has a hard time taking the picture with one hand and smiling at the same time)
This is the view of the hill from the top!

What the plates looked like that were burried in the hill!

This is the sacred grove! It was truly sacred. I can't even descride the most amazing feeling that you feel walkig through the grove where Joseph Smith saw the first vision. I want to take my kids there someday!
Sitting in the sacred grove just taking it all in!

This is the log home Joseph Smith and his family lived in. It was small and cozy. I didn't take a picture of his bedroom upstairs where he was visited my Angel Moroni but I did video tape it for my kids to see. It looks just like I had imagined it.

This is the sacred grove from a distance. The fence Joseph would have crossed the morning after being visited from angel Moroni several times as he headed out to work the fields with his father.

Here is the temple from the Smith's home. It has a window that overlooks the sacred grove . How awesome. Next time I want to attend the temple instead of just look at it!
The Smith Home! It has great history and was restored beautifully!

This is the fireplace inside the living room where the plates were hidden on occasion.
This is an actual page of the manuscript that Joseph translated the plates onto. Wow!
What the plates looked like that were burried in the hill!
This is the sacred grove! It was truly sacred. I can't even descride the most amazing feeling that you feel walkig through the grove where Joseph Smith saw the first vision. I want to take my kids there someday!
Sitting in the sacred grove just taking it all in!
This is the log home Joseph Smith and his family lived in. It was small and cozy. I didn't take a picture of his bedroom upstairs where he was visited my Angel Moroni but I did video tape it for my kids to see. It looks just like I had imagined it.
This is the sacred grove from a distance. The fence Joseph would have crossed the morning after being visited from angel Moroni several times as he headed out to work the fields with his father.
Here is the temple from the Smith's home. It has a window that overlooks the sacred grove . How awesome. Next time I want to attend the temple instead of just look at it!
The Smith Home! It has great history and was restored beautifully!
This is the fireplace inside the living room where the plates were hidden on occasion.
6 comments:
I love it there. The grove is such a peaceful place. There is a sense of timelessness about it, and it is easy to envision scenes from the Book of Mormon that surely happened there. The Temple is so beautiful inside. The stained glass is perfect as it depicts trees like the grove outside. It is small, but I loved that it felt like a home. Glad your experience was so meaningful. The history is all around you and somehow makes reading about all of it easier to understand.
Brings back memories! We took a trip out there and Niagra Falls when we were living in Chicago. It must have been 2003 because I was pregnant with Luke. It's great to see all the church sites and learn more about different things. Glad you guys had a fun trip!
Dawson and I want to do that trip someday! So glad you got to go! Thanks for sharing the photos!
I was able to visit many of those places a few years ago...one of my favourite trips, what a fun anniversary trip...looks like you had an amazing time! Congrats on 11 yrs!
Love the pix! Now I want to go again. I haven't been since age 8.
Now you guys need to come to Nauvoo with us...another great place to feel the spirit of the restoration! Glad you enjoyed Palmyra and all of it's treasures. Dad
Post a Comment