Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!


I had a nice mother's Day with my cute family. We woke up early for 8:30 church (which means no breakfast in bed) and the kids all made me wonderful presents from school and church class. As soon as we got home from church Bob (Richard's brother) called and wanted to take out his mom and sisters to lunch for Mother's Day so we had a wonderful lunch together. (Tawna and Jade we missed you!) Then I came home and made rolls and ham for dinner. I am a little bummed I didn't get a nap but life goes on. I do cherish my naps on the rare occasion that I get them. I will take over dinner to my sister and brand new mother Heidi and hopefully get to hold Brooklyn for like forever!! She just got home last night after 36 long days of being in the hospital! Richard and the kids are in the other room getting all the boxes ready to pack up and move. I guess that means I have to actually start packing which I have been avoiding.
I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be a mother and am greatful for the mother I have who is such a great example to me. I have thought a lot of my Nanny, Nan, and Grandma Christensen on this wonderful day and what great women they were. I miss them and have lots to learn from my grandma's on how to be a good mother, cook, wife, friend, and all the other qualities that make them the beautiful women they were. I am surrounded by amazing women whom I wish I could be like. My wonderful mother-in-law who gives so much of her time to her kids, I love and appreciate her. We will miss being neighbors. I don't know who I will go ask when I have to borrow something! Thanks to all you wonderful mothers out there who have such an impact on my life!

2 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

Thanks Stacie. I already miss you guys so much. moving is the pits. Why can't we just be rich and stay where we are? I really appreciate the wonderful mother you are. Glad Heidi has her sweet baby home now.

Anonymous said...

Tell Heidi congrats for us! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day. I saw Carson getting off the bus today (was helping mom pack)and he looked so dang cute!